Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Technology & growing my PLN

I have definitely learned that Google is an all powerful platform!  Prior to this course, I did not know what Google+, iGoogle, Google Chrome, etc was let alone what they could do for me as an educational leader.  I was aware of Google Docs and Google Scholar, but there is so much more to be tapped into!  I am now also somewhat familiar with Diigo, Blogging (look, I even have my own blog!), and Tweeting.  I have to admit that I am not a Twitter addict by any means (I do share info but am getting used to doing it more frequently), but I do really enjoy using Tweet Deck- I enjoying seeing what others are sharing and being able to simply click on the link if the topic sparks an interest.  Tweet Deck is so cool! 

I firmly believe in the integration of technology into lessons, curriculum, and the classroom, but a PLN is somewhat different.  However, I can see how using a PLN could make classroom teachers more “plugged-in” and effective in using classroom technology.  Moreover, as an administrator it helps me to keep up with the latest information and ideas on situations commonly found in schools like my own.

Next steps for me are to continue to practice using the web based technologies available and to continue to become more proficient in their capabilities.  I hope to become more adept at the sharing of information while simultaneously learning to cull more information from the wide variety of sources.  I am also experimenting in seeing how the technology can assist me with my dissertation, such as cataloguing and summarizing references. 

Clearly, I am no longer the proverbial digital immigrant!  I Tweet, Blog, use numerous web based tools, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc…  I have acquired a basic level of knowledge, and will continue to expand my technological horizons!

No comments:

Post a Comment